Although the building is closed to the public, library staff are able to provide Curbside Service. Each library is doing business a little differently.
At NHPL all Curbside Pick-ups are by appointment only. Membership privileges will only be extended to people practising safe social distancing.
The following information has been provided to assist you with borrowing from North Hastings Public Library…
You must be a member of the library to use Curbside Pick-up service for borrowing library materials. Free membership is provided to residents and ratepayers of Bancroft, Faraday and Limerick Municipalities. Card Holders of Haliburton County Public Library also have free membership. Non-residents may also join with an annual fee of $35 or a seasonal fee of $20. Contact staff at 613 332-3380 or email@example.com for more information.
Please note: The building is closed to the public. Washrooms are not available and Ordering Materials at the Front Door is not an option. Orders for curbside are processed in the following order:
- Website Catalogue Holds
- 24/7 – Go to E-Library tab to search catalogue and place holds on materials
- During library hours, Staff will fill your order and then call to arrange a pick-up
- Staff check holds twice daily
- Telephone/Answering Machine Ordering
- Answering Machine 24/7 – Call 613 332-3380 and leave a message for Staff
- Leave you name, and phone number for contact
- Telephone during library hours to speak directly to Staff
- Caller volume may cause busy signal
- If Staff are filling orders, they may let the phone go to the Answering Machine and return your call when they have time to talk without interruption – patience please!
- E-mail your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff will check e-mails twice daily
- List as much information as you can about what you would like to borrow. Please include a contact number.
- Staff will fill your order and then contact you about availability and Pick-Up times