In-library, Library Service is now available by appointment
At NHPL, browsing, interLibrary loan and computer use, as well as curbside pick-up are by appointment. Membership privileges will only be extended to people practising safe social distancing. Masks must be worn while inside the library building. Your name, address and phone number will be requested for contact tracing.
The following information has been provided to assist you with borrowing from North Hastings Public Library…
You must be a member of the library to borrow library materials. Free membership is provided to residents and ratepayers of Bancroft, Faraday and Limerick Municipalities. Card Holders of Haliburton County Public Library also have free membership. Non-residents may also join with an annual fee of $35 or a seasonal fee of $20. To book your appointment, contact staff at 613 332-3380 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note: Orders for curbside pick-up are processed in the following order:
- Website Catalogue Holds
- 24/7 – Go to E-Library tab to search catalogue and place holds on materials
- During library hours, Staff will fill your order and then call to arrange a pick-up
- Staff check holds twice daily
- Telephone/Answering Machine Ordering
- Answering Machine 24/7 – Call 613 332-3380 and leave a message for Staff
- Leave you name, and phone number for contact
- Telephone during library hours to speak directly to Staff
- Caller volume may cause busy signal
- If Staff are filling orders, they may let the phone go to the Answering Machine and return your call when they have time to talk without interruption – patience please!
- E-mail your order to email@example.com
- Staff will check e-mails twice daily
- List as much information as you can about what you would like to borrow. Please include a contact number.
- Staff will fill your order and then contact you about availability and Pick-Up times